LPG (30/70) is a petroleum product and Arena Petro Gas is in position to supply and export it directly from LAVAN OIL REFINING through its trading services according to the following specification and technical properties.
LPG (30/70) is a liquefied petroleum gas that contains a mixture of 30% propane and 70% butane by volume. It is a fuel gas that can be used for various purposes, such as heating, cooking, and powering vehicles. It can also use as a chemical feedstock for producing propylene, butylene, and other petrochemicals.
The uses of LPG (30/70) are:
- As a domestic fuel for cooking and heating appliances, such as stoves, ovens, water heaters, and fireplaces. LPG (30/70) is stored in pressurized cylinders or tanks and delivered to the appliances through pipes or hoses. It is convenient, clean-burning, and efficient.
- As an automotive fuel for vehicles that are equipped with LPG engines or dual-fuel engines that can run on both LPG and gasoline. LPG (30/70) is cheaper than gasoline and produces less greenhouse gas emissions and air pollutants. It is also safer than gasoline in case of spills or leaks, as it evaporates quickly and does not form flammable pools on the ground.
- As an industrial fuel for various processes that require high temperatures, such as metal cutting, welding, soldering, brazing, forging, and annealing. LPG (30/70) provides a stable and controllable flame that can be adjusted to different sizes and shapes. It also reduces the risk of fire hazards and explosions compared to other fuels.
- As a chemical feedstock for producing propylene, butylene, and other petrochemicals that are used for making plastics, synthetic rubber, solvents, detergents, paints, and other products. LPG (30/70) can be cracked or dehydrogenated to produce these olefins, which are valuable intermediates in the petrochemical industry.
Some of the industries that use LPG (30/70) are:
- The domestic sector, which accounts for the largest share of LPG consumption worldwide. LPG (30/70) widely use for cooking and heating in households, especially in rural areas where access to natural gas or electricity is limited or unreliable.
- The transportation sector, which is the second-largest consumer of LPG globally. LPG (30/70) use as an alternative fuel for vehicles, such as cars, buses, taxis, trucks, motorcycles, and boats. LPG (30/70) offers economic and environmental benefits over gasoline and diesel.
- The industrial sector, which uses LPG (30/70) for various applications that require high temperatures or chemical reactions. LPG (30/70) use in metalworking, glassmaking, ceramics, textiles, food processing, agriculture, and other industries.
- The petrochemical sector, which uses LPG (30/70) as a raw material for producing olefins and other products. LPG (30/70) is an important source of propylene and butylene, which use for making polypropylene, polybutylene, acrylonitrile, butadiene, and other chemicals.
The technical specifications of LPG (30/70) in LAVAN OIL REFINING are:
- Density: 0.55 kg/L at 15°C - Vapor pressure: 7.5 bar at 37.8°C - Boiling point: -12°C - Calorific value: 44 MJ/kg - Octane number: 90 - Sulfur content: < 50 ppm - Copper strip corrosion: No corrosion - Residue: < 100 mg/kg