METHYLENE DIPHENYL DI ISOCYANATE (MDI)
METHYLENE DIPHENYL DI ISOCYANATE (MDI) is a chemical product and Arena Petro Gas is in position to supply and export it directly from KARUN PETROCHEMICAL through its trading services according to the following specification and technical properties.
METHYLENE DIPHENYL DI ISOCYANATE (MDI) is an aromatic di isocyanate that is widely used in the production of polyurethane foams, adhesives, coatings, elastomers and sealants. It has three common isomers: 2,2'-MDI, 2,4'-MDI and 4,4'-MDI. The 4,4'-MDI isomer, also known as pure MDI or 4,4'-diphenylmethane di isocyanate, is the most widely used and has the highest reactivity.
Some of the uses of MDI are:
- Rigid polyurethane foams for insulation, refrigeration, packaging and construction applications.
- Flexible polyurethane foams for furniture, bedding, automotive and footwear applications.
- Polyurethane adhesives for wood, metal, plastic and rubber bonding.
- Polyurethane coatings for automotive, industrial, marine and architectural applications.
- Polyurethane elastomers for wheels, tires, rollers, belts and seals.
- Polyurethane sealants for construction, automotive and industrial applications.
MDI is used in various industries that require high-performance materials with excellent mechanical properties, thermal stability, chemical resistance and durability. Some of the industries that use MDI are:
- Construction and building
- Automotive and transportation
- Furniture and bedding
- Appliances and refrigeration
- Packaging and food
- Footwear and textiles
- Electronics and electrical
- Medical and health care
The technical specifications of MDI vary depending on the product type, grade and application. One of the producers of MDI is KARUN PETROCHEMICAL, a company based in Iran that manufactures monomeric MDI (MMDI) and polymeric MDI (PMDI). According to their website , some of the technical specifications of their products are:
| Product | NCO Content (%) | Viscosity (mPa.s at 25°C) | Density (g/ml at 25°C) | Color (APHA) | |---------|-----------------|---------------------------|------------------------|--------------| | MMDI | 33.5 | 5 | 1.23 | <20 | | PMDI | 31.5 | 200 | 1.24 | <100 |