POLYETHYLENE GLYCOL (PEG 200)
POLYETHYLENE GLYCOL (PEG 200) is a chemical product and Arena Petro Gas is in position to supply and export it directly from the top producers through its trading services according to the following specification and technical properties.
POLYETHYLENE GLYCOL (PEG 200) is a synthetic chemical compound derived from petroleum that has many applications in various industries. It is a polyether compound that consists of repeating units of ethylene oxide, with the general formula H-(O-CH2-CH2)n-OH, where n is the number of units. The molecular weight of PEG 200 is about 200 g/mol, which means it has an average of 4.5 units per molecule.
Some of the uses of PEG 200 are:
- Defoaming agent, lubricant and viscosity modifier in many products, such as metal working fluids, latex paints, inks and abrasives .
- Coating for fresh fruit to prevent moisture loss and extend shelf life.
- Solvent for various substances, such as drugs, dyes and resins .
- Humectant to retain moisture in cosmetics, ceramics and tobacco .
- Pharmaceutical excipient and active ingredient in laxatives, bowel preparation solutions and drug delivery systems .
- Structure-directing agent to synthesize nanoparticles of iron vanadate, a material with potential applications in lithium-ion batteries.
PEG 200 has the following technical specifications:
- Appearance: clear liquid - Color (APHA): max. 10 - Hydroxyl number (mg KOH/g): 510-570 - Water (%): max. 0.5 - pH: 5.0-7.0 - Specific gravity (25°C): 1.120-1.125 - Viscosity (25°C, cP): 40-60