HEAVY ALKYLBENZENE (HAB)
HEAVY ALKYLBENZENE (HAB) is a chemical product and Arena Petro Gas is in position to supply and export it directly from BISTOON PETROCHEMICAL COMPANY through its trading services according to the following specification and technical properties.
In addition, it is a by-product of linear alkyl benzene (LAB) production, which use to make detergents. HAB is mainly composed of Di alkylbenzenes, which have two alkyl groups attached to a benzene ring. HAB has various industrial applications due to its low viscosity, high dielectric strength, good thermal stability, and low toxicity.
Some of the uses of HAB are:
- Heat transfer oil: HAB can use as a heat transfer medium in industrial processes that require high temperatures, such as chemical reactors, furnaces, and boilers. HAB has a high flash point (170°C or more) and a low pour point ($$-40°C$$ or less), which make it suitable for this purpose.
- Lubricating greases: HAB can use as a base oil or an additive for lubricating greases, which are used to reduce friction and wear in machinery. HAB has good oxidation resistance and solubility with other additives, such as thickeners and anti-wear agents.
- Electrical oils: HAB can use as an insulating oil for electrical equipment, such as transformers, capacitors, and switches. HAB has a high dielectric strength (more than 35 kV) and a low dissipation factor (less than 0.01), which make it an effective electrical insulator.
- Refrigerating oils: HAB can use as a refrigerating oil for compressors in refrigeration systems, such as air conditioners and freezers. HAB has a low viscosity index (less than 100) and a low floc point ($$-50°C$$ or less), which make it compatible with refrigerants, such as ammonia and freon.
- Fuel oil additives: HAB can use as an additive for fuel oils, such as diesel and gasoline, to improve their performance and quality. HAB can increase the octane number of gasoline, reduce the sulfur content of diesel, and enhance the combustion efficiency of both fuels.
- Other applications: HAB can also use as a raw material for producing surfactants, plasticizers, cutting oils, textile auxiliaries, and other specialty chemicals.
HAB is used in various industries that require high-performance fluids, such as:
chemical, petrochemical, power generation, metalworking, textile, and automotive industries.
The technical specifications of HAB :
- Density at 20°C: 0.8726 g/cm3 - Viscosity at 37.8°C: 23.1 cSt - ASTM Color: L-1.0 - Doctor Test: Negative - Moisture: 10 ppm - Flash Point: 200°C
These specifications indicate that the HAB product meets the international standards and has a high quality and purity.