SODA ASH (LIGHT)
SODA ASH (LIGHT) is a chemical product and Arena Petro Gas is in position to supply and export it directly from the best producers through its trading services according to the following specification and technical properties.
Soda ash (light) is a low-density version of sodium carbonate, a white, hygroscopic and odorless powder with the chemical formula Na$_2$CO$_3$. It has a broad industry application in the production of detergents, soaps, and other sodium compounds. It also uses in the manufacture of glass, where it reduces the melting temperature of the sand and helps in the shaping of glass articles., also it uses in the production of chemicals such as sodium silicate, sodium bicarbonate and percarbonate, and sodium chromate and dichromate. Soda ash (light) also use in pulp and paper manufacture, water treatment, effluent treatment, metallurgy and drugs.
Uses of Soda Ash (Light):
- Detergents and soaps: Soda ash (light) use as a builder or filler to give a smoother surface and enhance the cleaning properties of detergents and soaps. It also acts as a water softener by removing calcium and magnesium ions from hard water.
- Glass: Soda ash (light) is a major raw material for glass production, accounting for about 50% of the total consumption. It lowers the melting point of silica sand from 1700°C to 1200°C and reduces the viscosity of the molten glass, making it easier to form and shape. It also improves the durability and chemical resistance of glass products.
- Chemicals: Soda ash (light) use to produce various sodium-based chemicals, such as sodium silicate, sodium bicarbonate and percarbonate, and sodium chromate and dichromate. Sodium silicate use as an adhesive, binder, cement, coating, fire retardant, and water repellent. Sodium bicarbonate and percarbonate are used as leavening agents, cleaning agents, deodorizers, and bleaching agents. Sodium chromate and dichromate are used as oxidizing agents, corrosion inhibitors, pigments, and mordants.
- Other industries: Soda ash (light) also use in pulp and paper manufacture, water treatment, effluent treatment, metallurgy and drugs. In pulp and paper manufacture, it is used to increase the pH and alkalinity of the pulp, which improves the strength and brightness of paper. In water treatment, it uses to neutralize acidic water and remove impurities such as iron and manganese. In effluent treatment, it uses to precipitate heavy metals and organic pollutants from wastewater. In metallurgy, it uses to extract metals from ores by forming soluble complexes. In drugs, it is used as an antacid, laxative, and diuretic.
Industries that Use Soda Ash (Light):
- Detergent industry
- Glass industry
- Chemical industry
- Pulp and paper industry
- Water treatment industry
- Effluent treatment industry
- Metallurgy industry
- Pharmaceutical industry
Technical Specifications of Soda Ash (Light):
- | Parameter | Unit | Specification |
- | Na$_2$CO$_3$ | % | Min 99.2 |
- | NaCl | % | Max 0.7 |
- | Na$_2$SO$_4$ | % | Max 0.03 |
- | Fe$_2$O$_3$ | ppm | Max 100 |
- | Insoluble matter in water | % | Max 0.03 |
- | Bulk density | g/l | 500 - 700 |
- | Particle size distribution | % | +1 mm: Max 5 <br> -0.15 mm: Max 20