CARBON BLACK N220
CARBON BLACK N220 is a petroleum product and Arena Petro Gas is in position to supply and export it directly from the top producers through its trading services according to the following specification and technical properties.
In addition, Carbon black is a material that is produced by the incomplete combustion of petroleum products, such as fuel oil, in a limited supply of air. Carbon black has a high surface-area-to-volume ratio and a paracrystalline structure that makes it useful as a pigment and a reinforcing filler in rubber products.
One of the grades of carbon black that is used in rubber applications is N220, which is a furnace black with a particle size of about 30 nm and a surface area of 111 m2/g. N220 has a high structure level, which means that its aggregates are large and branched, and a high surface activity, which means that it interacts well with the elastomer matrix. N220 is suitable for improving the abrasion resistance, tensile strength, modulus, and hysteresis of rubber compounds.
Some of the industries that use N220 carbon black are:
tire manufacturing, conveyor belt production, rubber hose fabrication, and rubber gasket making. N220 carbon black can enhance the performance and durability of these rubber products under various conditions, such as high temperature, high pressure, and high wear.
The technical specifications of N220 carbon black:
| Property | Unit | Test Method | Specification | | -------- | ---- | ----------- | ------------- |
- | Iodine Adsorption Number | g/kg | ASTM D1510 | 121 ± 6 |
- | Nitrogen Surface Area | m2/g | ASTM D6556 | 111 ± 7 |
- | DBP Absorption Number | cm3/100g | ASTM D2414 | 114 ± 5 |
- | DBP Absorption Number of Compressed Sample | cm3/100g | ASTM D3493 | 90 -102
- | CTAB Surface Area | m2/g | ASTM D3765 | 102 ± 6 |
- | STSA Surface Area | m2/g | ASTM D6556 | 96 ± 6 |
- | Tint Strength | % | ASTM D3265 | 108 - 124 |
- | Heating Loss at 125°C for 2 hours | % wt. | ASTM D1509 | Max. 1.5 |
- | Ash Content at 750°C for 2 hours | % wt. | ASTM D1506 | Max. 0.7 |
- | Sieve Residue on 325 Mesh Sieve (wet) | ppm wt. | ASTM D1514 | Max. 1000 |
- | Pour Density (shaken) | kg/m3 | ASTM D1513 | Min. 380 |
- | Pellet Hardness (average) | kgf/pellet (min.) |