CARBON BLACK N550
CARBON BLACK N550 is a petroleum product and Arena Petro Gas is in position to supply and export it directly from the top producers through its trading services according to the following specification and technical properties.
Carbon black N550 is a type of petroleum product that is used as a reinforcing filler in rubber compounds. It has a medium particle size and a medium-high structure, which means that it forms aggregates of primary particles with some branching. Carbon black N550 has a high oil absorption number, which indicates its affinity for rubber and its ability to improve the physical properties of rubber products.
Some of the uses of carbon black N550 are:
- Tire treads: Carbon black N550 can enhance the wear resistance, traction, and rolling resistance of tires. It can also improve the heat dissipation and thermal conductivity of tires, which are important for high-speed performance and durability.
- Conveyor belts: Carbon black N550 can increase the tensile strength, modulus, and abrasion resistance of conveyor belts, which are exposed to high mechanical stress and friction. It can also reduce the expansion and deformation of conveyor belts under high temperature and pressure.
- Rubber hoses: Carbon black N550 can improve the flexibility, elasticity, and rebound of rubber hoses, which are used for various fluid transfer applications. It can also prevent cracking and aging of rubber hoses due to ozone and ultraviolet exposure.
The technical specifications of carbon black N550:
- Iodine adsorption number: 43 ± 5 g/kg
- Oil absorption number: 121 ± 5 cm3/100g
- Sieve residue 45 µm (No.325): ≤ 0.1 %
- Sieve residue 500 µm (No.35): ≤ 0.001 %
- Heating loss: ≤ 1.0 %
- Ash content: ≤ 0.75 %
- Pour density: 360 ± 25 kg/m3
- Fines content: ≤ 7 %
- pH value: 7 - 10
- Sulfur content: ≤ 1.1 %
- Individual pellet hardness (average of 20): ≤ 55 g
- Individual pellet hardness (max of 20): ≤ 85 g
- Toluene discoloration: ≥ 80 %
- BET surface area (NSA): 40 ± 5 m2/g
- External surface area (STSA): 39 ± 5 m2/g
- Oil absorption number of compressed sample: 85 ± 5 cm3/100g