NAPHTHA (HEAVY) is a petroleum product and Arena Petro Gas is in position to supply and export it directly from Bouali Sina Petrochemical-LAVAN OIL REFINING through its trading services according to the following specification and technical properties.
NAPHTHA (HEAVY) is a petroleum product that is obtained from the distillation of crude oil. It is a liquid intermediate between the light gases and the heavier liquid kerosene. It has a specific gravity of about 0.7 and a boiling range of about 140 to 205 °C, also It contains mostly paraffins, naphthene and aromatics with more than six carbon atoms.
Some of the uses of NAPHTHA (HEAVY) are:
- As a feedstock for catalytic reforming, which converts low-octane hydrocarbons into high-octane gasoline blending components.
- As a solvent for various industrial processes, such as extraction, cleaning, degreasing and painting.
- As a raw material for petrochemical production, such as ethylene, propylene, benzene, toluene and xylene.
Some of the industries that use NAPHTHA (HEAVY) are:
- Petroleum refining industry, which produces gasoline, diesel, jet fuel and other products from crude oil.
- Petrochemical industry, which produces plastics, synthetic fibers, rubber and other materials from hydrocarbons.
- Chemical industry, which produces fertilizers, pesticides, explosives and other products from organic compounds.
The technical specifications of NAPHTHA (HEAVY) in Bouali sina Petrochemical-LAVAN OIL REFINING are:
- Density at 15 °C: 0.71 to 0.77 g/ml - Distillation range: IBP 140 to 150 °C, FBP 200 to 210 °C - Aromatic content: 20 to 30 wt% - Paraffin content: 40 to 50 wt% - Naphthene content: 20 to 30 wt% - Sulphur content: less than 0.1 wt% - Nitrogen content: less than 10 ppm - Bromine number: less than 10 gBr/100g